Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
BradPaula
Panna wrote:

Hey, is that Martin Landau?
20 51

Yeah. Martin Landau and Barbara Bain- just like Mission Impossible.

Have you seen Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi in 'Ed Wood'? Fantastic.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Panna
They should put this on MeTV!
Lost in Space is cute and all, but a bit tiresome.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
This series excelled at alternate universe scenarios for the characters as part of other-worldly phenomena!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

Hey, is that Martin Landau?
20 51

Yeah. Martin Landau and Barbara Bain- just like Mission Impossible.

Have you seen Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi in 'Ed Wood'? Fantastic.

Yes!
Did someone say Cushing was in this, haven't seen him yet.
One disadvantage to watching it on Hulu...ads, ads, ads.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

Yeah, I watched Lost in Space one night and was appalled at it. I remember it being better, but then I was watching it as a child then. I was watching an episode of Man from UNCLE on MeTV the other night!

Panna
Gosh, if only they had put this much money into b7, then we wouldn't have to defend it's wobbely qualities, because I suspect it's more compelling, but that's my bias.
Smile

BradPaula
SD and I have discussed this before, but you can see all the money lavished on this series by the quality of the sets, quality of actors, etc. It's not bad at all.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Aha! The Man From UNCLE, sadly only released on dvd in the US...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

Yeah, I watched Lost in Space one night and was appalled at it. I remember it being better, but then I was watching it as a child then. I was watching an episode of Man from UNCLE on MeTV the other night!

I wasn't born until the mid 70s so I missed Lost in Space until recently. In all fairness though, Patrick Troughton Doctor Who stories seem to be in a similar style.
As for MFU, I saw it in the 80s or 90s when our PBS station had a 60s revival and I've been recording as many as I can.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

Gosh, if only they had put this much money into b7, then we wouldn't have to defend it's wobbely qualities, because I suspect it's more compelling, but that's my bias.
Smile

I agree with you but still, the stories and actors stand the test of time so why have fancy effects?

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

SD and I have discussed this before, but you can see all the money lavished on this series by the quality of the sets, quality of actors, etc. It's not bad at all.

It doesn't have the humour or snappy dialogue of Blake's 7, but apart from that it's in the same league imo.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Easy. Buy a multi-national DVD player and American discs. They come in a neat little attache case.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Peter Cushing was such a legend.

Panna

Someone just put a whole mess of them on Youtube recently. I watched a ton of them the other night, cause I am tired of waiting for Me TVs weekly airing. Just saw the Deadly Toys Affair, that one had me in stiches.

BradPaula
Peter Cushing! Never seen him quite like that!

Spaceship Dispatcher
This scenario is comparable to something like Sarcophagus in B7 terms I suppose.

Panna
https://www.youtu...736ZomLigE
There's a link to the Deadly Toys Affair. Hope it works.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Love the filters used on the lenses in these scenes.

BradPaula

Peter Cushing was such a legend.

And not only because he co-starred with Tom Chadbon in 'The Beast Must Die'.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

https://www.youtu...736ZomLigE
There's a link to the Deadly Toys Affair. Hope it works.

The link works, I checked it. There you are, SD, UNCLE on YouTube!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,934,225 unique visits since 8th January 2014