Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Worst set ever?
blencathra
I don't know about worst set, but one I found disappointing was Cally's cabin in Sarcophagus.

Poor Cally! It looks more like a prison cell than a bedroom. No personal posessions to speak of. Where does she keep her clothes, her jewellry and her make up? Unless that cupboard on the wall to the left is recessed and is deeper than it looks.

farm1.staticflickr.com/426/18679463733_230dec54e6_z.jpg

Perhaps we are to suppose that as she is a clone from Auron she doesn't like to have any personal possessions around her?

Another poor backdrop was this one from Voice from the past.

What on earth is that supposed to be? With all those lines drawn on it?

farm1.staticflickr.com/281/19273978666_0c0d242e80_z.jpg

JustBrad
How about Homeworld, and how it bears no resemblance to Kerrill's description?

BradPaula
I have to agree on the Voice from the Past 'astral' scene. Is it supposed to be the night sky, or a mural? And what is it with those lines? Rocket exhaust or something?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

blencathra
JustBrad wrote:

How about Homeworld, and how it bears no resemblance to Kerrill's description?

Oh yes! That was another bad one. Reminded me a bit of the Clangers planet actually. Soup dragon just over to the left.

BradPaula wrote:

I have to agree on the Voice from the Past 'astral' scene. Is it supposed to be the night sky, or a mural? And what is it with those lines? Rocket exhaust or something?

Hopefully it's a mural. Anything else would be just too silly for words. Pfft

Travisina
blencathra wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Hopefully it's a mural. Anything else would be just too silly for words. Pfft

The whole episode is too silly for words...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

blencathra

The whole episode is too silly for words...

Well yes... There is that... Grin Mind you, it's so silly that I tend to watch it if I want a good laugh. Everything from Frieda Knorr mispronouncation of Servalan's name (did she have Sevalan written on her script?) to Travis' idiotic disguise with the googly eye (a bit like the suspiciously familiar "chicken" in The Wrong Trousers), just sends me into fits of laughter.

I did like the set for the crew quarters though, with the nice window.

sweevo
The first half starts off nicely but once Ven Glynd enters the picture in the second half... it goes downhill quickly.

dragonq
I must say I would agree with all the suggestions above. The thing I could never understand with City at the Edge of the World: how hard, honestly, would it have been to take Vila and Kerril outside and just film them in a nice garden?

And oh, how I agree about Cally's cabin. Apart from the flight deck and teleport areas, I think that all the other rooms on Liberator are under-developed as sets.

On the subject of the flight deck, something else that has always bugged me is the fact that we are always looking at it from the same angle. I would love to know what is on the other side of the room, apart from the see through plastic star chart.

Anniew
The tinselled bar takes some beating!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

blencathra
dragonq wrote:

I must say I would agree with all the suggestions above. The thing I could never understand with City at the Edge of the World: how hard, honestly, would it have been to take Vila and Kerril outside and just film them in a nice garden?

Agreed!. Surely it must have been more difficult creating the Clanger planet set than just filming in a quiet corner of the Blue Peter garden?

And oh, how I agree about Cally's cabin. Apart from the flight deck and teleport areas, I think that all the other rooms on Liberator are under-developed as sets.

Yup, I would have paid good money to see Avon's cabin.

On the subject of the flight deck, something else that has always bugged me is the fact that we are always looking at it from the same angle. I would love to know what is on the other side of the room, apart from the see through plastic star chart.

Is the gun rack on that side? And the place where they have the little table & chairs. But the bit in the middle is a complete mystery to me. I would have thought it was the logical place to have the view screen, but instead that's off to one side. It would seem they have a blank wall there, or as you say, the plastic chart machine. Or perhaps there is something there which was important to the Altas but something that our crew find completely useless.

littlesue
Last year, at Smallspace 2014, there was the original model of the LIbby Flightdeck. I can't find a picture of it, so someone on this forum may have to look it up.
Anyway, there was no wall, just an open space for the cameras to move about and film the action on the set.
Mr Irvin said the directors used to use it to decide where exactly to position the cameras, as back then they had the really big, heavy ones that took about 2 guys to move the things.
Which is why I marvel at some of the things they achieved filming the show which such limitations.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

President Solvite
Yes that's true, although I remember in at least one episode they had a nice high shot of the flight deck which I thought was impressive at the time..

Think it was third season but I could be wrong.

I would love to know what is on the other side of the room, apart from the see through plastic star chart.

Vere Lorrimer probably in shorts Pfft
Edited by President Solvite on 02 July 2015 06:36:30

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
blencathra wrote:
Is the gun rack on that side? And the place where they have the little table & chairs. But the bit in the middle is a complete mystery to me. I would have thought it was the logical place to have the view screen, but instead that's off to one side.

From memory, the view screen is off to one side and the gun-rack is in the middle. Of course, the rack has to go in the middle because that's where there's a space, and there is a space there because the view screen needs to be to the left so it can be filmed - but it's still potty to have the view screen on the left when all the seats face straight ahead!

Not forgetting that the System also decided it was a good idea to have certain controls on the console near the lounge well rather than at the actual flight positions, so having the view screen off-kilter to the seating probably makes some kind of sense. Perhaps the computerised design plan for building DSV2 had a slight glitch?

Joe Dredd
dragonq wrote:

Oh, I hate those parts where the crew are turfed off the flight deck and have nowhere else to go on this massive ship but sit in the teleport area.

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

dragonq wrote:

Oh, I hate those parts where the crew are turfed off the flight deck and have nowhere else to go on this massive ship but sit in the teleport area.

My impression is that the Liberator is the biggest, most powerful, fastest ship, but a consequence of that is that nearly the whole of the ship is power systems. I guess its like an Apollo mission rocket, which were massive at the point of take-off (before various parts were ejected), but the crew had just a couple of small compartments that they could occupy. The Liberator seems to have very few communal rooms.

blencathra
Joe Dredd wrote:

blencathra wrote:
Is the gun rack on that side? And the place where they have the little table & chairs. But the bit in the middle is a complete mystery to me. I would have thought it was the logical place to have the view screen, but instead that's off to one side.

From memory, the view screen is off to one side and the gun-rack is in the middle. Of course, the rack has to go in the middle because that's where there's a space, and there is a space there because the view screen needs to be to the left so it can be filmed - but it's still potty to have the view screen on the left when all the seats face straight ahead!

Not forgetting that the System also decided it was a good idea to have certain controls on the console near the lounge well rather than at the actual flight positions, so having the view screen off-kilter to the seating probably makes some kind of sense. Perhaps the computerised design plan for building DSV2 had a slight glitch?

That just jogged my memory. There was another screen next to the gun rack.

In Breakdown...

farm1.staticflickr.com/442/19321808236_dcc814428e_b.jpg

But it still doesn't make any sense to have the main screen off to one side and this smaller secondary one up front and centre!

I have no idea why the force wall button was by the comfy seats, so Avon had to race down to it every time they wanted to use it. Why the Altas built it like that is a puzzle, unless it was, like you say, a slight glitch! Or perhaps using the force wall was at the discretion of the person in charge, who normally sat on the comfy chairs.

blencathra
trevor travis wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

dragonq wrote:

My impression is that the Liberator is the biggest, most powerful, fastest ship, but a consequence of that is that nearly the whole of the ship is power systems. I guess its like an Apollo mission rocket, which were massive at the point of take-off (before various parts were ejected), but the crew had just a couple of small compartments that they could occupy. The Liberator seems to have very few communal rooms.

That woud fit. Didn't Michael Keating say he thought that Vila and Gan shared a bedroom as there weren't enough to go round.

Mistletoe12
Watching Avon race down to it is EXACTLY why I loved having the force wall positioned next to the comfy seats! Smile

meegat39
Mistletoe12 wrote:

Watching Avon race down to it is EXACTLY why I loved having the force wall positioned next to the comfy seats! Smile

Here, here! And I suspect that's why it was placed there!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

Mistletoe12 wrote:

Here, here! And I suspect that's why it was placed there!

Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,867,103 unique visits since 8th January 2014